Counseling-Discipleship Training Coming to Huntsville, AL
Biblical counseling consists of extending the regular ministry of the Word to those with questions, problems, and struggles. Such counseling is a to be a local-church ministry rooted in the all-sufficient authority of God’s Word.
This spring, Grace Community Church (Huntsville, AL) is excited to partner with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) for our Counseling and Discipleship Training series over the course of three weekends: March 16-17, April 20-21, and May 11-12. We have seen firsthand the tremendous impact this particular training can have on a local church family, so we want to continue to equip our flock, as well as offer a convenient means for area and regional churches to be strengthened.
Since the ministry of the Word to one another and to hurting people is the responsibility of the entire church, we recognize that this training is for everyone in your local assembly, not just leadership and not just for those seeking special certification.
Each weekend has a different theme, providing a total of 30 hours of overall instruction:
- Weekend 1: An Introduction to Biblical Counseling—a comparison of counseling philosophies, how to grow and change, key elements of the biblical counseling process
- Weekend 2: Marriage, Family, and Sexuality—addressing issues of the heart, marriage, parenting, biblical sexuality, improving communication
- Weekend 3: Typical Problems—guilt and repentance, medical illnesses, trials and suffering, worry/fear, forgiveness, sexual sin, depression, anger
You can see details dates, speakers, topics, and registration here and some helpful videos here:
- Why Counseling?
- Excellent Counseling: Nicholas Ellen on Discipleship
- Helping People: Our Marriage was Irreconcilable
Seating is limited and discount rates are available until January 31, so we recommend registering as soon as possible. Church leadership and seminary students can contact Grace Community Church to obtain an additional discount code to use at the time of registration.
Grace Community Church in Huntsville, AL, is one of our nine TES campus churches.