Courageous Churchmen Coming in February
The dangers confronting a pastor in his daily ministry are myriad, and neglect of his home is one of the dangers at the top of the list. In 1 Timothy 3:4, the apostle Paul tells us that the faithful overseer must be a man who “manages his household well.” In light of this need to be a faithful husband and father, the theme of this year’s Courageous Churchmen conference is “The Pastor in His Home.”
Hosted by Grace Immanuel Bible Church in Jupiter, Florida, Courageous Churchmen will be held February 7-9, 2018. Specifically designed for pastors and elders, this conference will provide a focused time of teaching, encouragement and mutual edification as GIBC Pastor Jerry Wragg teaches four sessions and leads panel discussions on topics such as:
- What does “redemptive leadership” in the home look like?
- How does an elder team determine when a man is not leading his home?
- How does a man balance being a faithful shepherd of the church and a faithful husband and parent during the changing seasons of life?
- How does a leadership team navigate the process of an elder’s child who abandons the faith?
- How does a faithful pastor lead his family during a child’s teen years?
- How do the biblical requirements for faithfulness in the home as a pastor/elder influence the church?
This conference is one of the highlights of the year for our church family. For a preview of Courageous Churchmen 2018, please click here; and to register for the conference, please click here. There will be an “early bird” price for those who register before January 7.
Conference coordinator Daron Roberts is a graduate of The Expositors Seminary (2015) and serves as Pastor of College and Career at Grace Immanuel Bible Church in Jupiter, Florida.